Friday, September 08, 2006

"MIRAGE" by anonymous

I was searching for the answer,
In all the places I could wonder,
Tried to see many above and under,
But it was well hidden.

Ventured up-and-down the fields,
Leaped over broken trees, flowing springs,
Asked every living soul who'd know the means,
But it was all riddle.

Deeply entangled in my despair,
Baffled and my mind's rudder beyond repair,
And still longing after its dementing hither,
But it was yet feeble.

T'was at dawn, revoking with contempt,
Shedding off the holy chains, the stigma, and the tempt,
Grinning and aloof for I essentially sensed:
The hidden void. The riddle, fake. The feeble, wane.

3 comments:

LT said...

look further, beyond the void, the fake and the wane...there is love, the answer to all the questions!

Anonymous said...

Roomi says:
"ghafieh andisham o deldaar e man,
gooyadam mandish joz didaar e man"

Jackal said...

Ms or Mr Anonymous:
I should say I'm not crazy about this thing you have here. Certainly, I wouldn't call it a poem. However, there are some strong points in it. Let's put it this way, I feel you have tried to send a message with some strong meanings/referrals.

Let's see... mmm, I like this:
"Ventured up-and-down the fields,
Leaped over broken trees, flowing springs". I suspect that broken trees could have been an allegory to lost/forgotten/beaten thoughts and ideologies whence flowing springs are perhaps existing/thriving ones.

I also liked "my mind's rudder beyond repair". It sounds very "Nautical" and gives general sense of having no means of taking a direction.

Good Luck Mate [;)]