Monday, October 16, 2006

"over the edge" by Neda

I can't stop crying. I just can't believe it. How could he leave us like that. He had his whole life ahead of him. He was just 30 years old. Full of life. Full of energy. I can barely talk about him in past tense. Three days ago he was site seeing, taking pictures of beautiful sceneries in Europe so that he could send them to his family in Canada.

It was thanksgiving long weekend, we all had pretty nice weekends. So did he, he visited his friends on Sunday and had a nice supper. Then he went to this park, apparently very beautiful and hilly, some parts have cliffs that are hundreds of feet high. He decided to take pictures with his digital camera.

Tuesday morning, I got a phone call from my friend Dan giving me the news that he has passed away. He had a hiking accident in Europe.

Cops went to his apartment in Canada, his friend Ken is still living there, he never changed his address on his driver's license even though he hasn't lived there for 9 months. They told Ken that he had a hiking accident and they found him Monday morning, he was taking pictures and he must have leaned forward too much or something and he fell off a cliff about 100 feet down.

We are all in shock, his life was good, he had just started a great job he loved, in a new country with some old friends. Things were going well. Why did it have to end so early? Why did it have to happen to him?

I have many questions, but I don't have any answers and I can't stop crying.

2 comments:

LT said...

:(
the shock! how long does it take to accept the truth of what has happened?
I tend to wake up everyday and hope that has been only a bad dream. and find that it has really happened and I have to live with it!

the shock...it's so much easier to believe it when it happens for people we don't know. but why is it so hard to accept it, when it happens to us or our loved ones?

everything around us vanishes and dies and yet I am living with the dream of eternity... human being is such a strange creature!

moving post Neda.
I hope peace and acceptance for you and his family and friends. be strong.

LT said...

I don't believe that either Neda. and I know, my life will not be the same when someone close to me dies.

poor girl, it must be very hard!