Sunday, January 21, 2007

In recognition of Forest Whitaker, Golden Globe winner (best actor)


Many years is passed from the time that I watched the first movie played by Forest Whitaker at “Cinema Farhang”, a great theater for fans of foreign movies.

He had a very soft play at “Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai” which looks more natural talent of actor than the leads of the director. Still I remember the shock ending and last words of the movie …

The last words were something like this:

“… on very old days, there was a village, where people carried their food with themselves to the work, using it during the day, and smashing the rest under their feet at the end of the day!.”

That was a somewhat satisfying word for someone like me who was always asking “what is life?”

It took me a couple of years to have a chance to watch another great movie, played by him. “Crying games” could hold you to the end of the movie and nothing special happen, however at the second look, there was a deep penetration through the meaning of “Love” during a very basic and stupid story. That helped me to look at different meanings of any subject (specially love).

4 comments:

LT said...

why did the people at the village do that? I'm very curious!

ASHRAE at SJSU said...

The food is good as long as you need to do a certain thing with it (you do your job and get hungry, you take some food and then that’s it, you don’t need food anymore, why carrying extra load, why eating more and get fat, why saving it and get food poison)
Life is like that too,
When we are done with the job we are supposed to do, why wasting time and taking it more,
I BEILEVE that Life is just a tool, like many other tools we have in the world,
We have to use it in certain way to do the job, and when we are done, we are done, throw it away,
As I said, that was semi-satisfying as I got the answer of “what is life? It is a tool”.
Now the question is in what way to use that tool,
Of course every person has a certain thing(s) in the world that has to do.
It is very unfortunate that still I don’t know what is that certain thing I have to do (Or better to say) is this the best certain way I can use my life?
The answer to this question completely depends on the degree of uncertainties that people have, … (long story to start + I am not that expert

LT said...

very very nice.
I really liked that analogy Mehrdad. Only getting as much as we need.

Jackal said...

didn't you see Whitaker in "The Last King of Scotland"? He was simply great!